The role of the UCML Representative for Wales, currently Carlos Sanz Mingo (Cardiff University), is to make sure news on developments related to Modern Languages in Welsh Higher Education is shared with UCML members. UCML holds two meetings of its Executive Committee per year, usually in April and in November. Two plenary meetings are also held every year; they tend to be in January and July. Her role is also to pass on information discussed at these meetings to Welsh colleagues.
There are nine universities in Wales:
- Aberystwyth University
- Bangor University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Cardiff University
- Glyndŵr University
- The Open University in Wales
- Swansea University
- University of South Wales
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David
More information on Welsh universities can be found at www.uniswales.ac.uk.
Other relevant organisations include:
- Evaluation Report: Routes into Languages Cymru 2018
- Global Futures: a plan to improve and promote foreign languages in Wales (launched 1st June 2015)
- Exchange of letters between UCML and the Welsh Assembly Minister for Education and Skills on the subject of languages, particularly German, at A level, March/April 2016