This year’s theme is Das Wort der Zukunft – The word of the future, and entrants are asked to invent a German word that could be important for the future. The competition is open to anyone in the following categories:
- Students of German Studies or other courses at university level containing German modules
- German language students at universities’ language centres
- School and sixth-form College students from years 10 to 13
- German native speakers (please note: if you are a German or bilingual German native speaker, you must enter in this category!)
- Other: anyone who feels up for the challenge and does not fit the above categories
For full details see the competition website. Entries can be submitted until 8 January 2021.